Hi

Saturday, February 4, 2017

What would I want to do if  I were the commander-in-chief? (the pres)

Three goals I would want to achieve if I were the president would be to stop racial discrimination, reduce obesity, and  to establish peace with as many countries as possible. Racial discrimination is a big deal because many people are effected by this. Some people will not give jobs to people because they are a certain race, and others will only give people of different races certain jobs. My goal as a president would be to make everyone see people as equals. Now, I know that many of you think that this is the goal of all the presidents, and that they haven't succeeded at it as much as some people would like. I know that this will be nearly impossible, but maybe if I ever become president, if or when it happens, it might not be so impossible.

Now, I know my 2nd goal may seem slightly rude, but obesity is becoming a very big (haha) problem. Studies show that about a third of adults are obese. Obesity could cause very serious problems such as heart problems or diabetes. I do not know how to reduce obesity, but in the future if this problem is not yet addressed, I will think of a way.

My third goal, to try and establish peace with as many countries as possible, seems a bit impossible now. As many of you already know our current president Donald Trump issued a ban on several countries from entering America. I would say that this would cause hostility between the United States and those countries. But, I also know that many countries would jump at the chance to have guaranteed peace with the United States as we are one of the world's "super powers".  Hopefully, with assured peace, there will be no more need for the ban on countries from entering our country.

2 comments:

  1. I would not think there is a way to stop racial discrimination but I like that you came up with that

    ReplyDelete
  2. * I see what you did there ... obesity is a big problem ...

    ReplyDelete